Complete Fix-It-Yourself Manual (1st edition)
The Time-Life Books Complete Fix-It-Yourself Manual will show you how to handle everything and anything that might go wrong in or around your home. From attic to basement, from kitchen to bathroom...if something is broken, leaking, worn out, cracked, warped, or stained, here is a complete system for maintaining, troubleshooting, and fixing it!
Illustrated with hundreds of diagrams, guides, and drawings, all fitted with clear, concise details, Time-Life Books Complete Fix-It-Yourself Manual lays everything out for you in logical, easy-to-follow order.
* Quick fixes for every emergency open the book and give you an immediate way to keep things under control.
* Superb exploded diagrams lift lids and covers, strip away the mystery, and show how things work. See what goes where, what it's called, and how it all fits together.
* Comprehensive troubleshooting guides help you pinpoint your problem -- and its solution -- at a glance. So even when you have to call in an expert, you'll be able to describe the problem accurately.
* Dependable step-by-step drawings lead you smoothly through each repair, showing you just what to do, in the correct order. So you're sure of perfect results the first time.
* Time and difficulty ratings that let you know exactly what you're getting into before you start.
* Safety precautions alerting you to possible hazards and showing you how to avoid them.
* Tips on tools and techniques: how to choose and use the right tool for the job.
* Sound advice on when it's best to throw out an appliance or call in the services of a pro.
From fixing a VCR to rewiring a lamp, from unclogging drains to replacing a wall outlet, Time-Life Books Complete Fix-It- Yourself Manual is the one and only source to turn to when you need clear, straightforward directions for your home-repair needs. An absolute must for every do-it-your-selfer!This is a big, 448-page, comprehensive and detailed guide to hundreds of repairs around the house, with emergency and safety instructions, repairs to large and small appliances, and instructions on how to fix plumbing, electrical, and heating and cooling systems. Instructions include tools needed and how to use them. Well-diagrammed and illustrated, with meticulous step-by-step instructions, this is a great addition to any home repair library. Don't bother trying to borrow my copy. I need it. Get your own.